Episode 59: Are Voice User Interfaces the Key to Better Customer Experiences?
People have been talking to each other for millennia. But we’ve only been talking to machines for a very short time. In this episode, Jon Prial talks with Nandini Stocker, the Head of Conversational Design Advocacy and Partnerships at Google. Find out about voice user interfaces (VUIs) are evolving to help businesses create better experiences for their customers.
You’ll hear about:
- The future of voice user interfaces
- How to get started designing voice user interfaces
- The challenges of conversation repair
- The kinds of data needed to fuel conversations
- Getting people to engage with voice user interfaces
- Building teams to support your voice objectives
Who is Nandini Stocker?
Nandini Stocker is currently part of Google’s Conversation Design team and has created voice experiences for Google’s 50+ business units, in 60+ languages and 120+ countries. She is passionate about helping people find help and making voice interfaces more accessible. Nandini also believes the secret to realizing our potential for speech technology in human-to-computer interactions is by honoring the core, evolved rules of human-to-human communication.