Episode 117: Leading From Home
Working from home isn’t new, but today an unprecedented number of people are “telecommuting” for the first time – whether they want to or not.
Our guest on this special edition of the Georgian Impact Podcast is Ben Wilde, our VP of Business Development & Marketing. Ben manages a team in Toronto from his home office in New Zealand. He’s been leading from afar for years, and shares his tips and insights with all those adapting to new ways of working during the global pandemic and beyond.
You’ll hear about:
- How work may change forever A.C. (After Coronavirus)
- Informal management of remote teams when you can’t pop by their desks
- Etiquette for video meetings and time-shifted communication
- Creating boundaries and structure when working from home
- Building trust through casual conversations and social bonding
- Being conscious about your approach to remote work
Who is Ben Wilde?
Ben Wilde is Vice President Business Development & Marketing at Georgian Partners and a member of the Georgian Impact team. He provides input to overall strategy including product management and product marketing.
Ben has more than 20 years of experience in the software industry, and has held senior product management and strategy roles at IBM, Informix, and a range of early and growth-stage startups. Ben holds a BTech (Hons) in product development from Massey University, New Zealand.